In order to register as a Resident (under 35 years old) or as a Student (under 35 years old), your application has to be accompanied by a copy of your passport as well as by a valid Proof of Status meeting all of the below requirements:
- It must be issued in English;
- It must be issued on official hospital or university letterhead;
- The date of issue must not be older than 6 months from the date of registration;
- It must clearly state your position within the institution, practice, etc.
- It must display the applicant’s full name and date of birth;
- It must state the beginning and the end of the residency (for Residents only);
- It must be signed by hand (no electronic signature) by the head of department (hospital or academic institution) confirming the status of the applicant;
- It must include the following details about the head of department: full name, department, email address and telephone number;
- It must be accompanied by a copy of the passport of the applicant (please, make sure the document is understandable to international readers).
Please, also take into consideration the following about Proof of Status:
- The Registration Team must review and approve it;
- The review process may take more than 5 working days: please allow sufficient time for this procedure before the deadlines. Only rejected Proof of Status will be notified by email;
- Incomplete applications are not considered;
- Refunds are possible only within the relevant cancellation deadline;
- Proof of Status received after the registration deadline cannot validate the relevant registration category, even when the registration payment has been settled before the deadline.
Residents (under 35 years old) or Students (under 35 years old) registering on-site need to bring and present the Proof of Status/Passport at the registration counters for approval in order to benefit from the discounted fee.
The Transportation Pass is included within the purchase of a Full Congress Ticket for the 28th EADV Congress in Madrid.
The Transportation Pass is not included in the following tickets:
- 1-Day Ticket
- Subspecialty Society Meeting Ticket
- Press Representatives Ticket
- Satellite Ticket
- Patient Representatives Ticket
Participants will receive a card that has to be validated during its first usage and, once punched, it has a validity of 5 days.
The Transportation Pass can be used on the following public transportation providers within the ZONE A:
|SERVICE LOGO||ZONE A includes:|
|Madrid Subway/Metro de Madrid service within Zone A (Madrid Capital) including the airport.|
|All EMT bus routes within the city centre (excluding the Airport Express Line).|
|All RENFE CERCANIAS (Suburban Commuter Train) stations within zones 0 & A.|
|The ML1 zone of the Light Subway Suburb Network.|
How to reach the IFEMA – Feria de Madrid
- Line 8
EMT (Municipal Transport Company)
- Line 112
- Line 122
- Line 828
EADV Members are not designated as Healthcare Professionals by default. Please, define the correct status (HCP or Non-HCP) during the registration process.
Healthcare/Non-Healthcare Professional Status
Article 86 in the EU directive 2001/83/EC lists the prohibition of advertising and promotion of prescription-only medicines to the general public. These legal provisions are included in the country codes of conduct and guidelines for the promotion of medicines and we therefore inform you that local and national Spanish laws, codes and regulations will be in full force and effect during the 28th EADV Congress in Madrid.
Association of the Pharmaceutical Industry in Spain (FARMAINDUSTRIA)
European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA)
European Accreditation Council for CME (EACCME)
International Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers and Associations (IFPMA)
These codes prohibit the advertising of prescription-only medicines to the general public, therefore only Healthcare Professionals may be exposed to advertising for prescription-only products in Madrid.
The Association of the Pharmaceutical Industry in Spain (FARMAINDUSTRIA) defines “Healthcare Professionals” as:
Healthcare Professionals: Any member of the medical, dental, pharmaceutical, nursing or podiatric profession, any other person legally considered as such, or any other person who, in exercising their profession, may perform or participate in the prescription, purchase, supply, dispensation or administration of medicinal products for human use.
As a multidisciplinary audience will be attending the Madrid Congress, the EADV will assign different badges to Healthcare Professionals (HCPs) and Non-Healthcare Professionals (NON-HCPs) to ensure compliance with the above regulations.
During the registration process, you will be asked to indicate whether you are a “Healthcare Professional” or not. Depending on the status you have indicated on your registration form, you will receive either a “Healthcare Professional (HCP)” or “Non-Healthcare Professional (NON-HCPs)” badge on your arrival to the venue.
Access to any industry sessions where data or research of prescription medicines is presented will be limited exclusively to Healthcare Professionals (HCPs) only.