Workshops – Basic Surgery
Basic Surgery workshop
|Date: Thursday, 10 October 2019|
8:30-11:45 (morning session)
13:15-16:30 (afternoon session)
*only sign up for one of these courses- the morning and afternoon sessions are the same
|Cost: 35 EURO|
|Room: N113/114 (IFEMA North Convention Centre, 1st Floor)|
Dr. Marcus Muche
Dr. Victoria Marmgren
In the first part of the workshop we will review preparation of surgical procedures, (facial) anatomy, anesthesia, instruments and suturing. Participants will exercise punch biopsy, ellipse excision and different suture techniques. The second part will focus on the principles of flaps and grafts. The different techniques will be discussed and illustrated with lots of pictures, followed by hands-on training in groups. During the training, live videos will be used to visualize anesthetic procedures, use of instruments, suturing and different reconstructions.
1) to understand (facial) anatomy in correlation to local anesthesia
2) to review instruments and suture techniques
3) to learn the principles of flaps and grafts. Hands-on training in suturing and in flaps/grafts will be provided.
|Level of proficiency:
This course is designed for residents and dermatologists, unskilled to intermediate-skilled in surgery.
Please note: Potential participants who would like to review and refresh advanced surgery techniques are encouraged to register for the Advanced Surgery Workshop.
Hand out for participants
2019 EADV Basic surgery workshop handout
To register for a workshop:
- During registration process, while purchasing the ticket to attend the Congress, you will be asked if you want to attend the workshops; click on the workshops you would like to attend.
- Already registered for Congress: log-in into the Registration Platform, choose the option “Register or book tickets for yourself” and Select the workshop(s) you wish to attend
Enrollment is not guaranteed until the financial transaction has been completed.