Workshops – Phlebology workshop (beginners)
Phlebology workshop (beginners)
|Date: Saturday, 12 October 2019|
|Cost: 30 EURO|
|Room: N111/112 (IFEMA North Convention Centre, 1st Floor)|
Prof. Felizitas Pannier
Prof. Sorin Tiplica
Dr. Liselot Vink
The participants will be introduced to the main principles of phlebology. The anatomy and physiology of the lower limbs will be explained. The diagnostics and investigations used by phlebologists will be discussed. The therapy of varicose veins according to the newest guidelines will be explained, including sclerotherapy.
In three rotating groups hands-on production of sclerosing foam, injection of spider veins and duplex guided injection techniques are learned.
Injection models are used to practice injection techniques and foam production will be demonstrated and performed by the participants themselves.
In addition there is time to discuss questions around indications, techniques, side effects and results of sclerotherapy.
At the end of the workshop the participants
1) will have refreshed the anatomy and physiology of the vascular system of the lower limbs,
2) will be able to make the positive and differential diagnosis of vascular diseases of the lower limbs and
3) will know how to perform several therapeutic procedures used in phlebology (e.g. sclerotherapy).
|Level of proficiency:
This course is designed for beginners in phlebology examination and treatment (i.e. sclerotherapy), as well as for anyone who likes to refresh their knowledge in this field.
To register for a workshop:
- During registration process, while purchasing the ticket to attend the Congress, you will be asked if you want to attend the workshops; click on the workshops you would like to attend.
- Already registered for Congress: log-in into the Registration Platform, choose the option “Register or book tickets for yourself” and Select the workshop(s) you wish to attend
Enrollment is not guaranteed until the financial transaction has been completed.